Tuesday, November 4, 2014

More Stuff on the New Room and Halloween


Yeah, I started this two days ago and got as far as the title before being interrupted and well, just getting back to it now.

Today is voting day. I voted. Did you? Remember the smaller the election the larger your voice. That doesn't mean you should blow off the big ones though. 

Halloween was okay, Tink had fun so that was a good thing but I was not having the greatest day. I was irritable to say the least. Tink was so excited about Halloween coming up, more excited than I can really remember her being. She has always liked Halloween but she was just kind of over the top. She looked so cute with her make up on. And she played along and growled at people who acted afraid of her.


The new room construction slowed down a bit. Ron forgot to order the roofing and siding tin in a timely manner and so the was a Day 5 and then a big slow down of about a week before any building helpers came back. During the "lay off" Ron and I did some things, so I guess that could be considered another day but, eh. I pulled the siding off of the house that was now inside the room and he applied some flashing along the bottom outside so critters and wind can't get under. I could call that Day 5 1/2 but I didn't take pictures of it.

Day 5 did show a lot of change. The peak part of the wall was finished, windows and the door went in, that black rosin/tar/felt paper (whatever it is called in your neck of the woods) was put on the roof, and the room was wrapped.







So then came Day 5 1/2 where I did the siding and Ron did the flashing. You can see the flashing in some Day 6 pics but not the siding part. Mostly, Day 6 was the roof tin being put on.



  


Then things came up, such as a sick baby and the weather so while we expected the siding up by now, it is not. Ron has started running the wire inside and set the outlet boxes etc. Nothing hooked up, just holes drilled and dead end wires running through them and little blue plastic boxes nailed to the studs. Still need a couple things, like the boxes for the ceiling lighting and the wires hooked up to the fuse box and then we can put in the insulation. Not sure when the guys are coming back to side it. It won't be long though.

A neighbor that came by for some eggs told me that the room would fill up faster than expected. I told her I didn't think so, that room was going to be filled right away, that is what it is for, to clear out a lot of the rest of the crap in the house.

1 comment:

Todd said...

Tink is/was really cute in her costume. Gawd, it seems like forever since I saw her (well, all of you). I really miss your family!

The new add-on is looking really good. Very cool!